Search This Blog

Logos

Following the paper folding workshop, we were provided a sheet of logos and directed to select a few and alter the format of 2D layout.  These are the ones I selected and what I have done with them;






BMW Logo - I scored the inner circle and cut the centre design into quarters and lifted the sections out.  I like the initial idea of this but I would have preferred it if the sections didn't separate to create a whole dome on the top.












Walt Disney Logo - I drew the shape of the Disney castle and then did concertina type folds along the lines which would normally be negative space on the logo itself.  The folds lifted the logo giving it additional dimensions but it didn't look as good as I wanted it too; I think it looks untidy.







The Sun Newspaper Logo - I focused more on the actual background of the logo rather than the text being embossed as I thought this would be more difficult to achieve with just a single piece of paper.






I quite enjoyed this exercise as it forced me to think of ways 2D can be turned into 3D myself without relying on the guide lines instructing where to cut and score.

No comments:

Post a Comment