Search This Blog

Idea 1 - Part 2

I really liked the idea of the kaleidoscope in the butterfly idea.  The alteration to that idea which I'm going to make is that I want the idea to be based on a kaleidoscope as that was what the main focal point of it was going to be.  After considering this I feel like everything leading up to that with the cocoon etc is pointless.  So now all I have to do is choose between

a) Kaleidoscope idea 
and
b) Shatter/Reassemble idea 

I researched more into kaleidoscopes, simply because if I choose this idea I need to know how I would make this into an animation.  Would I need to somehow capture the images inside one? Make my own?  Is there a digital process which can be used?

I stumbled across

Ken Meyering 

on YouTube who creates animations using kaleidoscope imagery which pulses to the beat of the music.


The Splendor of Colour Kaleidoscope



Magical-Thumping-Kaleidoscope-3D

I followed the link to his webpage and found his email address.

So I emailed him asking how he created such amazing imagery.  He replied and gave me loads of information and tips and sent me a link to a programme he created which helped him with placing the audio to the imagery!

No comments:

Post a Comment